Half Shoulder Stand is a gentle inversion that gets the blood flowing down from your legs to your organs, and your head.
Half Shoulder Stand Benefits
- Calms the mind
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Stimulates the thyroid
- Stretches the neck, shoulders, and upper back
- Provides relief from menstruatsymptoms
- Reduces fatigue
- Reduces insomnia
- Tones the thighs and buttocks
- Aids in proper digestion
How to do Half Shoulder Stand
- Lie on your yoga mat with your arms on the floor, alongside your torso.
- Press your arms and hands into the earth and with a deep inhalation, reach for the sky with your legs, to approximately 90 degrees.
- Lift your hips off the floor, and place the palms of your hands onto your lower back.
- Extend your legs as straight as possible, while engaging the thighs and buttocks, and flexing your feet.
- Hold for 30 second, and gently release back down to corpse pose.