Everyone’s talking about the ALS “Ice Bucket” Challenge, supporting a great cause with powerful intention, and many people have participated in this tremendous global initiative to raise funds and awareness for ALS research.
Now, the House of International Media is offering a SOUL challenge—one that takes a big heart, big lungs and big LOVE!
The OM Challenge for Peace kicks off on September 6, 2014 at Bhakti Fest in Joshua Tree, CA, and will be presented by Sister Jenna, host of America Meditating (an international radio show featuring celebrities, thought leaders, politicians and everyday folks who aspire to live a fulfilling life).
Who can participate? Anyone who breathes!
The idea of the OM Challenge is to take ONE, really deep breath and chant “OMMMM” for as long as one can without taking another breath—up to 60 seconds, or even more!
Everyone is asked to take this simple, yet soulful challenge to collectively raise awareness of world peace and then donate to support local and global peace initiatives such as Pause for Peace In Classrooms, Kites for Peace, Pause for Peace Plaques, Dance for Peace, and Cooking for Peace.
Participants are urged to videotape themselves to let the world know their peaceful intentions and challenge friends to join them. Donations are encouraged and accepted through the Om Challenge Community page on Facebook, or by texting 41444, keyword OM.
The ancient, universal chant of OM is primordial and connected to everything in nature. It has been scientifically proven to create a sense of inner peace and calm… Now, one can upload OM video clips to Facebook, post the Om Challenge on other social media and pass on the peace digitally!
“Let’s have fun,” Sister Jenna says, “and let us create peace inside ourselves and peace in our world. How long can you OM?”
- Get a video camera rolling
- State your name. Declare “I am taking the OM Challenge for Peace” and donating to support peace programs. Add any other personal reason, if desired.
- Take ONE BIG BREATH and chant one, continuous “OM” for as long as possible!
- Nominate 2 or more friends to complete the OM Challenge within 24 hours
- “Like” the OM Challenge Facebook community page, and help spread the word!
- Post video on personal Facebook and OM Challenge Facebook and tag friends!
- Make a Donation. Text 41444 – Type keyword: OM and provide information.
Donate one dollar for each second less than the 60- second challenge, or give any generous donation to help further the cause for peace. NO ICE, or wet clothes, just a peaceful moment…and pass it on!
OM Challenge Launch—Saturday, September 6, 2014
Joshua Tree Desert Retreat Center
59700 29 Palms Hwy, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
OM, NOMINATE, DONATE!
Text 41444, keyword “OM”